Glass can easily become scratched. If you’ve found yourself with exactly this problem, read on to find out how to polish scratches out of glass.
You will need:
- A lint free, heavy duty polishing cloth.
- A clean cloth for buffing.
- Suitable cleaning substance. Toothpaste or Cerium Oxide (also referred to as ‘Jewellers Rouge’) are generally considered to be the best options.
Step by step guide:
- Using a lint free and heavy duty polishing cloth gently apply the toothpaste or Jewellers Rouge to the surface of the glass and over the scratches.
- Using plenty of elbow grease and pressure, wipe the surface of the scratch with the polishing cloth in a single direction.
- Take care not to be too rough and damage the glass further.
- Follow this by buffing the glass with a clean cloth.
Additional tips and advice:
- Don’t apply too much pressure or you might risk shattering and breaking the glass.
- Don’t use paper products such as kitchen roll as these may do more harm than good.
- Avoid using abrasive cream cleaning chemicals as they might cause more scratches than they help to fix.
Where to get the right products:
Here at LMB Supplies we stock the perfect cloths to help you to polish scratches out of glass in no time at all. Take your pick from our recommended products below and you’ll never find yourself in a scratch again.
Scratches may be impossible to avoid completely, but with proper care, you can reduce the amount and severity of the scratches and keep your glass sparkling!