How to Remove Crayon from Carpet
Colourful crayon stains or crushed crayon particles are every parent’s nightmare. Keeping kids from drawing on the walls is hard enough, but if crayon makes it onto the carpet it can be a real headache. Obviously a dropped crayon isn’t really an issue, but if someone has drawn on the carpet or crushed it in with their foot then it’s a messy problem.
So without further ado, here’s a guide on how to remove crayon from carpet:
- With crayon, it’s essential to scrape off as much as possible with a blunt metal implement.
- Once that’s done, your best bet is to use a professional citrus gel or spot cleaner and dab the stain with a clean, dry cloth.
- If you don’t have access to professional cleaner then lemon juice or clear vinegar will also work well at eliminating these kinds of stains.
- Be sure to rinse the problem area thoroughly with clean water to remove both the cleaner and the crayon.
- If the problem persists, try applying ice to harden the left over crayon particles and scrape again.
These steps should help you salvage your carpet from dreaded crayon stains without too much trouble.