Floor Cleaning Tips – Spray Buffing a Floor
There’s an art to spray buffing a floor, you know? We’ve put together a handy guide giving you some step by step tips on how to get the job done. Read on to learn more about how to spray buff a floor.
Prior to spray buffing a floor, you will need the following equipment :
- Floor Machine (200 to 600rpm) with pad drive board
- Red floor pad
- Spray Bottle and trigger
- Mop bucket and Wringer
- Clean mop and Handle
- Buffable Floor Polish or Buffable floor cleaner
- Wet Floor Signs
Spray buffing procedure
Once you have the correct equipment, follow these simple steps.
- Start by damp mopping or cleaning the area you wish to spray buff.
- Allow the floor to dry thoroughly.
- Next, mix the buffable floor polish or cleaner in the trigger sprayer.
- Then, apply a light mist in front of the floor machine, approximately 1 metre by 3 metres wide.
- Begin to buff the area using the floor machine working from right to left,then left to right in a pendulum motion. The first past will spread the cleaner fluid evenly across the floor. The second pass will start to produce a gloss.
- Once the area is dry, a third dry pass is needed to bring the floor back up to its original shine.
Tips to remember:
- Use as little spray as possible (just a mist of spray is sufficient).
- Do not move the machine too fast; allow it time to work.
- If the cleaner starts to build up on the pad, too much spray is being used.