Ketchup tastes great on food but it’s not a welcome addition to your carpet. The key to removing ketchup stains from carpet is to act quickly – as soon as the ketchup hits the carpet you should be there trying to remove it!
Here are the steps to take:
• Quickly remove excess sauce from the surface of the carpet with a blunt metallic object life a knife.
• A cleaning cloth and some warm water carefully dabbed on the surface may be enough to remove the ketchup stain.
• If the stain persists, use a mixture of detergent and clean water and dab the stain further with a clean recycled rag.
• The alternative is to leave the stain soaking overnight – apply detergent and water to a rag or cleaning cloth and weight it down on the stain to soak overnight or for a few hours then tackle the stain again the next day.
• Once you are finished be sure to dry the offending area with a clean dry cloth.
By following these steps, your carpet should remain ketchup stain free.